Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt

Why haven't I done one of these before? I often wonder what to take photos of, without going somewhere I usually struggle to find inspiration for interesting subjects - so a range of interesting ideas suggested by someone else is ideal. Photo scavenger hunts are the way forward!

Here's a link to more info from the blogger who started this particular scavenger hunt: Kirst's Blog

For this month, the hunt was hosted by The Gift Shed which I thoroughly recommend for lots of interesting, mostly paper-based crafty stuff.  

Here are my photos for December.

Inspiration:

My current inspiration is my new macro lens, I always find it difficult to push myself to get to know a new lens but love the results a new perspective gives. Lots of photos of tiny things to be taken now.


 Something I Made:

I went on a cooking binge yesterday, it was lovely to have a cooking day. I made lots of things but was particularly pleased with my loaf of bread!






Motif - Geometric:

I was very unsure how to tackle this and tried to keep in mind that I was looking for something "Characterized by or decorated with regular lines and shapes". I was devising some sort of origami paper/teabag pattern of squares/triangles but decided that a cheery pinwheel would be easier!






Colour:

Although my pinwheel was pretty colourful, I think one of the most colourful things about me is usually my socks!




Festive:

We don't have masses of Christmas decorations, but this is my favourite from our tree:

3 comments:

S. said...

Man, what I would do for a macro lens! I think that'll have to go on my birthday list. I've also now got a craving for hot toast with butter.

HedgeWytch said...

Geometric proved to be an interesting topic, I didn't realise how challenging it would be when I chose it! I'm glad you enjoyed the hunt - and I hope you'll be taking part in January too :)

magie said...

I love your festive photo! What colourful socks as well. Great photo's!